Thursday, January 20, 2011

For the Hospital stay 1

So, I figure that while I'm predisposed with giving birth, maybe there should be some blogging going on to keep people entertained. So in case anyone wonders, this one was written in advance to be posted when I don't have time to write anything.
I thought I'd regale you with the story of how I was proposed to.


When Tod proposed, it was the sweetest thing. I was 5 months pregnant, and we'd already decided that marriage (to each other) was for us.Tod's middle daughter was headed to Costa Rica for a semester, and we decided to take a weekend and head over to Spokane. While there, we visited the fam, played at a water park, and just had an all around relaxing time. We also put together a surprise "goodbye/have fun" party at a brother's house for her. Everyone went out to dinner @ a mongolian grill, and then separated for an hour to regroup separately. Back together, hugs are exchanged, a few tears, and mostly we settle down with our various libations ( I had lemonade) and a game of dominoes. Tod breaks out his ipod,and the next thing I know, he's singing Sinatra in front of his entire family!
The best is yet to come. One of my favorites.
OK, I'll be honest, I had NO IDEA what he was doing. He's an amazing speaker, and he's comfortable being the center of attention. I thought maybe he was going to toast Whitney and her future adventures in Costa Rica. By the time, I realized he was singing TO ME, Erica had already snapped a dozen pictures, and suddenly "I" was the center of attention. But, I thought, it's seriously the sweetest thing ever, so I was ok with it. THe song finishes, and he breaks out the absolutely MOST BEAUTIFUL RING I"VE EVER SEEN!!
Ok, I did not see that one coming! I have no clue when he found the time to go ring shopping, or how long he saved up. But, no kidding, it was stunning. I felt kinda dumb, because, even though I'd figured out that it was a proposal, I didn't see the ring coming.

Best. Night. Of my life.

Of course I said yes.
Of course I cried.
So did he. :o)






***All photo's were taken by Erica Anne photography  One of the Northwest's premier bridal and family photographers. You can link up with her here: 
http://www.ericaannphotography.com/  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment